Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Summer Afternoon in the City

I went for my first photo walk back in Melbourne since my month away in the US. While I was away, I kinda forgot how much I love this city! Despite its size, it's amazingly friendly and easy going. Not sure if US cities have some weird inherent vibe, or if it's simply due to being out of town and not on one's home turf - but I realised over the past week that I never felt totally comfortable while walking around alone randomly in American cities. Always slightly edgy, in a way which is hard to describe.

So, today I did a very broad walk right around the CBD. Mostly around Chinatown (where I live) initially, and then down to Southbank and back around the north side of the city. Here are some of the best pics:

Happy Chinese New Year I

Lantern And Facades

Happy Chinese New Year II

Painted Wall In Chinatown

Lanterns At Crown

City Silhouette

Dramatic Clouds Over Crown

Rialto Tower Reflections

Looking Down Russell Street

No comments:

Post a Comment