Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

New Toy

I've been thinking how cool it would be to take a real camera along with me on walks and such lately. Sometimes I just see something that I'd love to get a picture of, but my mobile phone camera can't do it enough justice to even be worth bothering. Not that I'm thinking of treating Photography as a serious hobby mind you - just something to do to sink some time while I'm unemployed.

So anyhoo, here is it, bought it at BigW this morning:


Yeah, just your pretty basic point-and-click beginners digital camera. Nothing fancy.

Apart from taking a few pics of my apartment, I've played around a bit with the free software that came with it. It's not particularly advanced, but it lets you do some basic image manipulation. So far I've come up with this - using a highly exposed image of my Buddha statue:

Original
Manipulated

Yeah, I know, pretty lame. But I think this could be a fun little time sink, and I might be able to get some interesting effects with autumn colours and other such scenery. 

Better than going back to World of Warcraft anyway (RIP 2006-2012). That was the other time sink I was looking at signing up for this morning again. This is better - it might get me out of the house more.

No comments:

Post a Comment