Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Random Ballarat Daytrip

It's been a while since I've posted, so I thought maybe I should get another post in for July. Not all that much has been going on, just a bunch of personal errands and "life stuff" that would be rather boring to talk about on here. Still, the basic plot is the same - job seeker limbo. Some more bites, but no catch yet.

I went to Ballarat yesterday, just coz. It's a very quick and easy day trip from Melbourne, under an hour and a half by train. It's quite an interesting and historical place, but I wasn't really trying too hard to make this a photo excursion, it was mostly just a day trip to kill some time and do something random. Oh, I should mention: there was a power outage in my street all day yesterday - so there wouldn't have been much to do at home with no power. Hence looking for a way to spend the day outside.

Anyway, here are some pics of the colonial architecture and general sights of Ballarat:

Ballarat Train Station

Main Street

Pavilion Thingy On Nature Strip

Ballarat Facades 1

Ballarat Facades 2

Ballarat Facades 3

Street Lamp

Town Hall

Mining Exchange

Old Colonists' Hall


Ballarat Facades 4


Ballarat Facades 5

"Gold Nuggets"

Mining Exchange Entrance Roof Detail 1

Mining Exchange Entrance Roof Detail 2

Provincial Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment