Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

De-cluttering, Stage 2 complete!

So I went through all my books this afternoon, and threw out probably about half of them...

Books are the one thing that I've always found hard to throw away in the past. But looking through my collection today - I realised that a lot of them are about obscure (and often outdated) stuff that I'll never want to revisit again. And much of it is too obscure to be of much general interest.

On that note: I threw them all into the paper recycling bin, instead of trying to donate them to some charity or give them away.

I kinda doubt that book charities have much use for outdated technical manuals - or books about philosophical musings on Computer Science topics. Much of the rest were recent history and current affairs type pieces, which are really your standard library material, not something to hoard.

All that remains now are books that were gifts, books that I'll possibly want to revisit again, and books that I think other people might want to borrow at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment