Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Rainy Early Morning in Melbourne

Last night I had my last night shift for four days, so I decided to stay up this morning. I got home from work at 3:30am, and slept until mid-afternoon the previous day anyway, so it's not actually too much of a stretch to just stay up today, and then go to bed at a reasonable time tonight for a good sleep on a more normal schedule. It's just like "fixing" jetlag really.

So I decided to kill a few hours of the early morning by going out for a little photo walk, at 5:30am. It was a damp and drizzly morning, which I thought could work quite well. Melbourne first light cityscapes with glistening wet roads and such.

Some shots turned out quite well, but I'm finding that they're turning out a bit darker post-processing (into JPEGs) than they seem like they should be when I look at them in RAW format. Not sure why that is. Next time I go out for night photography, I'll maybe try to take what I think are slightly overexposed shots, and see what happens then.

Anyway, here are a few of the best shots of the walk.

Reflection Of Crown In Sandridge Bridge Puddles

City From Sandridge Bridge

Light Polluted Clouds

First Light At Southbank Landing

First Light Over Ponyfish Island

First Light Over Ponyfish Island II

No comments:

Post a Comment