Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015

I haven't made any New Year's Resolutions for the past couple of years, and I'm not at all inspired to do so this year either. After all - years are just arbitrary numbers on a calendar - and the cycles are not always in tune with good timeframes for planning to achieve stuff, etc.

Still, there are plenty of both natural as well as societal things that come in yearly cycles, and - arbitrary calendar or not - around this time I like to reflect a bit on what happened over the previous year. As well as look at what's coming up in the New Year.

2015 was a pretty good year to me. There was quite a lot of awesome travel, lovely new friendships/connections in my social/"dating" life, and work has been relatively good and flexible around it all. I've been slightly underemployed at times, and we'll see what early 2016 brings in that regard, but for the moment I think it should be fine. I'm quite loving my whole work to live lifestyle, and am not tempted to make an attempt at getting back into a proper fulltime "career" just now, but who knows what the longer term future might bring....

The biggest change that is definitely coming for me in 2016 is that I'll be moving into my parents' apartment to house sit - from February until late in the year sometime. They are going on a massive trip around the world, and the overall situation involved just doesn't lend itself to leasing the place out. This should work pretty well, since my costs will be lower while I'll still get to live on my own, as well as still be based quite centrally, and in quite a nice apartment.

Other than this, there are no other huge plans just yet. There'll definitely be some local travel adventures, and possibly a bigger overseas one if things time well with when my parents are overseas in an interesting place where I can crash with them, but that possibility is still extremely vague.

So anyway, not much to say here, just another rambling end of year reflection post!

Happy 2016 to everyone!!

January - Grand Canyon, USA

February - Lunar New Year at Crown

March - Flinders Island

April - Fitzroy Street Art

May - Last Light at Birrarung Marr

June - Melbourne Street Art

July - Sunset in St Kilda

August - Last Light at Treasury Gardens

September - RJ Hamer Arboretum

October - Evening on Swanston Street

November - Toora Wind Farm

December - Sunset Light over Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment