Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Up And Down The Yarra At Boxing Day

So today was the official Boxing Day public holiday. The way it works around here is that if a holiday falls on a weekend, the public holiday gets moved to the next weekday - so Saturday's "Boxing Day" (26th December) became a public holiday Monday here...

I was actually hoping to work today, but since I didn't manage to pick up any shifts, I thought I'd make the most of the day by going out on a fairly big-ish photo walk.

I ended up walking up and down the Yarra River, all the way down to Heyington Bridge on the south bank, and back up to the city along the north bank. It was a fairly epic walk in the scheme of things - but given my generally good level of fitness (for low-exertion exercise!) these days - it doesn't really feel like it was all that huge. My biggest regret is that I didn't consider sun protection before taking this endeavour on - and now I'm a bit burned!

The photos from this walk are nothing particularly special - just scenery from the walk itself (including a bit of casual macro photography). A big chunk of this walk is far enough out of the city centre to be away from the tourist trail, so it was actually very quiet and peaceful - and the suburbs in those parts (especially along the south bank) are very leafy and pretty indeed.

Anyway, here is a selection of some nice pics from the walk....











No comments:

Post a Comment