Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Experiments in Hand Held Low Light I

I've been somewhat of a low-ISO freak with my low light photography, and when it backfired on me a few days ago (long story), I decided to try out higher ISO settings for low light. And that, in turn, prompted me to test the limits of my camera with hand held low light photography.

It actually didn't turn out too badly. The highest ISO setting I let it get to was 3200, and the slowest the shutter speed got to was 15. And even under those conditions most of my photos were coming out okay. Very few rejects due to hand movement blur, and no major problems with obvious visible noise.

I went home while it was still blue hour, rather than full-on night, so next time I'll try even higher ISO settings and much darker conditions, and see what happens then. But now at least I know that for these conditions - hand held is quite viable.









No comments:

Post a Comment