Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

I have a truck licence!

Whew! What a long week...

I went for my heavy vehicle licence training this week. Initially I thought about going for a lower grade licence (such as the one for small or medium trucks only), but then I thought I should get it all out of the way in one go and earn the hardest possible one - "Heavy Rigid Non-Synchromesh". This is the biggest jump you can make from having a car licence, and it entitles you to drive basically any kind of truck except for semi trailers and road trains.

The leaning experience itself was quite interesting. A lot of information to take in, and driving huge trucks was quite an assault on the senses for the first time. The first day I walked away with a headache, but after that it was better. I seem to have a natural talent for reversing large trucks - because from day one I never got the reversing manoeuvre wrong (this is something that's very difficult for some people).

After resting this weekend, I'm going to get stuck right into job hunting on Monday. Firstly research what would be the best thing to aim for initially, but then probably apply across the board for anything I can get to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting your truck licence! I remember when I took it, it was so difficult. I have let it lapse since then. http://www.alltranstraining.com.au

    ReplyDelete