Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Playing with Pixlr

I recently got a new computer, and totally forgot to include a DVD drive in its build. The one thing that I actually had on DVD that I would have installed on it was the Olympus photo editing software that came with my OM-D EM-5. But, as I've had some issues with that software for a while, this whole situation prompted me to go look for some new photo editing software online instead.

After checking out a few tech sites for information, I settled on Pixlr. I downloaded the desktop application version, and did all my photo editing from today's session in it. Looks pretty cool for now, but as always with these things, I want to sleep on it, evaluate it a couple more times with different types of photos, and only then possibly subscribe to it.

The photo expedition today was nothing particularly special - just a quick walk around the St Kilda Road district and Albert Park Lake. Just playing around with some Pixlr filters and overlays, as well as the art filters on my camera.

In a slight departure to how I usually used to operate, I was shooting in fine JPG rather than RAW this time too.












No comments:

Post a Comment